GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
James Gallagher Independent Valuer Ltd respects your Right to Privacy
WHAT IS THE GDPR?
The GDPR is a piece of EU legislation which overhauls previous data protection legislation.
It aims to strengthen and unify data protection for all EU individuals and in some cases those outside of the EU.
It brings with it further obligations for organisations who process your personal data in order that your personal data is fully respected.
Processing is basically doing anything with, even storing, and your personal data.
THE PRINCIPLES OF DATA PROTECTION
When we process your data we must do so in line with the following principles:
Personal data must be;
- Adequate, relevant and limited to what is needed
- Accurate and up to date
- Kept no longer than is necessary
- Must be processed lawfully, fairly and transparently
- For specific, explicit and legitimate purpose (s)
- In a secure manner
WHAT LAWFUL BASIS TO WE HAVE?
Before we even collect your data we must ensure that we have a ‘lawful basis’ to process it. There are five lawful bases upon which we can rely to process your data.
- Where you have consented
- To fulfil/enter a contract
- Where we are legally obliged to
- To protect a person’s vital interests
- To complete a public task